Jul 19, 2012

Cornbread for Breakfast



I stumbled onto this cornbread recipe a couple of days ago on a recipe website and fell in love with it.  It is REALLY good.  So good my 10 month old finally started signing her version of 'more' (pointing to her open palm).  The recipe says to put it into a 9 in cake pan, but I baked it in my stone pie plate instead.  I think this is why the middle has been underdone.  I also made muffins, which were good also.
I have made this every morning since discovering it and now have the recipe memorized.  Here it is for you to try:


Preheat oven to 400 degrees.


     Cornbread Recipe
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup flour
2/3 cup sugar
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/3 cup oil


Grease 9 in round cake pan.  Set aside.
In mixing bowl combine dry ingredients.
Add egg, milk, and oil.  Stir well.
Pour into greased pan and place in oven.
Bake for 18-25 minutes.
Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I never think of cornbread as a breakfast item. What a new thought.

    ReplyDelete