Jul 20, 2012

Socks!


I am knitting my pair of socks!  
I found 3 skeins of blue worsted yarn at a thrift store for a dollar.  It is so soft and I knew I had to at least try to knit a pair of socks out of it.
I have been keeping my eyes open for double pointed needles at thrift stores and yard sales, but have yet to find any, so I walked to Wal-Mart and picked up the only set they had, which was a size 3.  I realize that my needle size and yarn size are not great together, but I have a small ankle and foot, so I hope that the sock will still fit.
I am using this website.
So far the directions are clear and very easy to follow.  
Here is how far I am now:
I think this is how tall I'm going to make the cuff.  It is summer and I want to be able to wear my socks right away without frying my feet.
The best part of this adventure so far has been when I showed my husband my first few rows and he smiled and told me he was proud of me.  Warm and fuzzy moment of the month.



1 comment:

  1. Awww!!!! How neat! I can't wait to see your progress!! :D

    ReplyDelete