Jul 8, 2012


A friend's post is making me rethink my blog.  I set it up only a week and a half ago.  I know that many people write to inspire other people.
I have no hopes of inspiring anyone other than myself.  If it does inspire others, it will be a miracle (an actual act of God) and have nothing to do with me or my writing.  
Is my blog doing what it is meant to do?  I like to think that so far it is.  We'll see how it's going in a couple of months.

In other news...
My sister-in-law taught me to knit Friday and I am going to knit a pair of socks.  Yes, I realize that this is not what most beginners start with.  I know people who have knit for a long time without ever knitting a sock.  However, if I can knit a sock, I will be able to knit anything.  At least in theory.

So far I have practiced knitting, purling, and casting on.  This evening I will practice kfb(Knit Front and Back), M1 (Make one), and (BO)Binding off.  As well as learning the ecryptic lingo of the yarn.
I have high hopes for this endeavor.  
At he moment I am borrowing needles.  I will be scrounging yard sales and  thrift stores for needles and yarn now.  As soon as I have either a circular needle or some double pointed needles I will begin my socks.

2 comments:

  1. I like your blog, Jacey!!! :D
    That is neat! I have never learned to knit. I knew how to crochet for a while, but dropped that to the better suited illustrating I do. Pencils fit better in my hands that needles, lol! Can't wait to read furthur posts and updates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I understand with the pencils and needles. I don't think I will ever write to publish anything, so I might as well be doing something useful with my hands. I have learned to knit and crochet twice apiece, and then promptly forgotten how. Hopefully I will remember long enough to get a sock done.

      Delete