Jul 9, 2012

I want to be more of a producer and less of a consumer.


I want to be more of a Proverbs 31 woman.  She produces constantly.  She spins, weaves, cooks, sews, and sells.  She is always making things for her family or to sell.  She rises early and stays up late to do these things.  She is a hard working woman.  She doesn't buy pre-processed pre-packaged items. Everything is made with love and sweat.  I want to be more like her.  
I want less convenience and more pure labor.  It's better for you.
I will be a producer, not a consumer.
I will make my own bread, tortilla's, and rolls, not buy plastic wrapped preservative filled loaves. 
I will knit my own socks.  I wonder if there's a pattern for hand knitted toe socks...
I will grow my own tomatoes, not settle for watery red fruit.
I will write my own ideas, not just read other people's.  
I will make music, not just listen to it.  
I will produce, not consume.

1 comment:

  1. I think we are on the same page on the last three without question. :D Any woman striving to be a Proverbs 31 woman is going to find it hard to waste anything!

    ReplyDelete