Jul 10, 2012

No picture here


     I have no picture to post today because I couldn't capture it with a camera if I tried.
     God gave me a perfect moment yesterday.  
     It started raining so my husband, knowing I love the rain, told me to go outside.  I did, and the world was wonderful.  
     The wet concrete beneath my bare feet was warm and the rain fell steadily all around.  I was the only person outside for the wind to play with, and it cavorted around me, raising goosebumps that made me feel even more alive.
     The sky to my back was a light grey, a dulling silver mass, but in front of me the sky was breathtaking.
Periwinkle clouds stand, like giant Percheron, their silhouettes lined in white and a soft peach.  The blue sky is a subtle, yet bright, background for these patient majesties.  They don't move the entire time I am out there.  They wait for the wind to lead them away.
     The clouds around them gradually faded back above me into the grey mass.  Yet even the rain clouds had a patch that shows the sky, like the knees of well loved jeans show the scraped up legs they hold.
     The air was so full of the smell of rain on concrete that I could taste it.  The spicy sweet smell invigorates.  
Even the cars driving add to the music of the moment.  Nothing, not sounds, or colors, or smells, clashes together.  Everything is made into a soft and beautiful melody and harmony.  Even I am made more beautiful, the wind and rain curling my hair into rings around my face more perfectly than any beautician could replicate.
     I took in as much as I could, and then the moment was over.  The colors fade, and the world looks like an old photograph of itself.  My husband opened the door and I realize how soaked and chilled I am, but have seen the young dandelion leaves and the rain kissing and seen the world ring out for a moment of wonderful music.
     It was worth it.
     God is so good to me.

2 comments: