Jul 13, 2012

Pleasures and Precious Riches

Through wisdom is an house builded; and by understanding it is established: And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant things.  Proverbs 24:3&4
     I read this yesterday, while skimming through Proverbs, looking for a verse to memorize.  These verses caught my eye and immediately made me think of my parents and the home I grew up in.  
     My father is the wisest man I know, and my mother is the wisest woman.  My parents built and established our house as a home and my mother was constantly teaching us everything she knew about the amazing world God created.  Because of her knowledge, the chambers of our house were filled with love, books, rocks, flowers, fresh baked bread, seeds, laughter, home grown veggies, and music - all the most pleasant and precious riches.
   My parents are wonderful people of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment