Jul 26, 2012

The sock


     My sock is still coming along.  I knit at least two rows during each of Jane's naps, which ensures some progress each day.  I was knitting every evening while my husband and I watched a movie or the news, but I  found that I knit much too tightly when I'm watching tv.  This was probably part of the problem with my original sock.
   It also looks like the sock is going to be too big.  Because of my needle size and yarn weight are so different from the patterns recommendations, I guessed as to which pattern I should use.  I guessed too big, so I think their going to be slippers, not socks. 
   
   There is a chance for rain today!  But unfortunately, the radar looks like it's all going north and south of us. My tomato could really use a nice shower, not to mention me.  Whenever it rains I go stand outside to look at the rain, and my neighbor come outside to stare at me.  It's not like I'm dancing around in it and splashing it everywhere.  I just stand there and look at it and soak it all in, the smells, the sounds.  I love the rain.  
   So much so that God gives me rain for my birthday, and sometimes just because he loves me.  For example, a while ago I was outside, and there were clouds, and I said I really wished it would rain - and it did.  About 20 drops fell on and around me from this little bitty rain cloud.  God had it pour all of its little heart out right there on someone who would appreciate it.  


    I love the rain, and dandelions, and fireflies.

No comments:

Post a Comment