Aug 3, 2012

One Down, One to Go

My Finished Sock

Yes, it's a little lumpy, and there's already a hole in the toe where I messed up a stitch, but it is a sock.  
Like I said, I haven't tried it on, and will not try it on until I have knitted it's match.  My husband tried it on and said it was really comfy though.  
I can't wait to finish the matching sock.

I didn't have a yarn needle to use to sew up the toe, so I improvised.  While digging through a box of miscellaneous sewing things my great-grandmother gave to me, I found this.
It's an old bobby pin, and my makeshift yarn needle.  It worked incredibly well.  I think I will continue to use it.  It's easier to thread than a needle and I didn't have any trouble catching the opening on the stitches.  

I am looking forward to knitting in the car on the way to New York.  I normally read in the car, but I have no book that I'm currently reading and I don't want to take a library book out of state for a month.  

I probably won't be posting for the next week or so because I am going to be traveling and then spending time with my parents before they head overseas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment