Oct 27, 2012

Intarsia

My Newest Knitting Adventure

        I am teaching myself intarsia. Intarsia is a knitting technique that is used to create patterns with more than one color.  It all started when I found a free knitting graph pattern for a lion.  I had to do it!  I came across the word intarsia and looked it up, along with some youtube videos.  It looked easy enough.
     However, my lion is a complicated pattern, especially for a beginner like me.  I'm having trouble knowing when to start a new thread, so there are some connecting strings on the back, which is a no-no in intarsia.  The only help I could find online was for simple patterns, like a heart or square.
It doesn't seem to coming along too terribly, all things considered, and I'm starting to see the legs of the heraldic lion.  I can't wait to see the finished thing and am praying I don't make a huge mistake.
   If anyone out there is a veteran intarsian that would be willing to help me, please leave a comment!  Any help would be wonderful.
   

2 comments:

  1. You always amaze me. Wish I could help you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like it is going to be so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete