Jan 14, 2013

Thankful list

My bucket list is extremely short.
See the Northern Lights.
That's it.

But I have another list.  An informal one that I keep in my head.
Things that make me say, I'm am so thankful that I got to try, or do, that before I died.
Things that probably would have been put on the bucket list, if I knew how neat they were, or things that you can't plan for.

We flew to visit my family this Christmas.
On a prop plane.
Definitely "thankful I did that" list material.
Bombardier Q200
They start the propellers one at a time.  When they both are up to speed, they make a mesmerizing sound, something like the lowest calmest didgeridoo note ever played.
They are loud, but because the sound is so soothing, our 1 year old daughter was asleep before we even taxied onto the runway.

View from my window

 Take off and landings were smoother than any jet I've ever ridden in and there was virtually no turbulence.

Isn't it adorable?

Just the idea of riding in something that was being pulled through the air, instead of pushed, was exciting.


What has happened recently that made you say, "I'm so glad I got to do this!"?



No comments:

Post a Comment