Feb 20, 2013

Track...



I am looking for a good 7.7 mile(12.4K) running circuit, using our falling apart but trustworthy map and Google maps.  
I need one that has sidewalks for the stroller and doesn't go through any questionable areas.
It can't be a 3.5 mile round that I run twice because I don't trust myself to make the second round.

I'm also looking for a track that I can use for sprinting.
I'm not keen on the idea of sprinting down a sidewalk by myself.
If there were more people it would just look like a race. 
By myself, I would just look like an emergency.

I called the local high school.  It's about a mile away and there are sidewalks about three quarters of the way there.
I introduced myself and asked if they let people in the community  run on the track when not in use by the school.
The first woman answered with an emphatic yes and forwarded me to the woman who would give me the schedule of when the track was available.
The second woman was not nearly as sunny and bright as the first.
When she found out that I was an individual and not an organization she said she'd have to ask and started spewing about a locked gate and insurance and liability.
She did take my name and number though, so I am hopeful that she will call me back.

If I am not allowed to run at the high school, I might see if I can run on the track at one of the local fire stations.

I am determined to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment