Feb 16, 2013

Urban-Warrior Challenge

I am not a runner.  The longest distance I have ever run is a mile.
Hurdles and 100m dash for me, thank you.

But I want a challenge -and a big one.

So I'm training for the Springfield Urban-Warrior Challenge.
It's a grueling 12.4 Kilometers with 20 challenges thrown in.  
Challenges like hurdles, pull-ups, dead weight carries, hood slides, climbing, and more.
The course goes through places of Downtown Springfield that I wouldn't want to run alone, like the mile long underground waterway tunnel.  
I'm not going to try to make this year's SUC.  I only have 7 weeks to train for it.
But I will be at next year's.

Because it's cold and I have a little one, I've only been training inside.
Here's my routine.
If you're wanting to get some abs, this will do it.  
I'm already seeing results, and I haven't been consistent enough to do it every day.
50 jumping jacks
50 crunches
25 leg lifts
50 bicycles
25 squats
15 sumo squats
50 calf raises
180 arm circles
15 push-ups
50 jumping jacks
1 min plank (on elbows)

Anyone interested in making a team and becoming warriors together?




1 comment: