Feb 1, 2013

House-sitting inspires creativity

We are still house-sitting.
We house sit quite frequently.  
Most of our friends live in the country, so us city-folk get as much vacation as the homeowners do.  
There are almost always animals, a blessing and a curse.  
It is an odd thing to live in someone else's house, without them, for any length of time.
Your leisure time takes a temporary shift and you start doing whatever the family did.
I love looking forward to reading someone else's book collection.
Or playing a new board game.
Or playing outside in their tree fort.
We normally house-sit for friends who home-school.
This ensures ample amounts of books, board games, art supplies, educational computer games, etc.
Things I love to do.
Our current house-sitting abode is normally inhabited by kids who go to school all day and the family has different pass-times than me.
They bake together.
But their convection/conventional oven is acting up, so I haven't been doing a lot of baking.
They must check most of their books out at the library, because there are very few here.
They have an awesome tree fort and woods.
But it's only 29 degrees out with snow and I have a 16 months old with no snow gear.
Both the daughter and mother have tons of curling irons, leave-in curlers, and straighteners.
I have tried multiple ways and tools to curl my hair, and none of them are staying.  
The internet is sketchy. 
Hence, the lack of blog posts.
They do have direcTV though.  
I love watching the history channel or National Geographic's channel while I knit.
None of this is meant to be mopey.  
Since being here, I've been more creative.

Venison Jerky covered in chocolate.
(It wasn't great.)
Calling 1-234-567-8910.
(It just says that the circuits are busy, try again later. No matter how many times you call.)
I even tried watching a couple more Doctor Who episodes on TV.
(I don't really care for them.)

If I hadn't have been here, I would never have tried those things.
But I am ready to be home.



No comments:

Post a Comment