Sep 25, 2012

French Music


I am going through and listening to every record in our collection.  
We have gotten some from friends and family and I'm expecting to find a gem of a song hidden in vinyl.  
But first I have to get through this-

April in Paris (I pronounce Paris as paree), A four record set that I doubt has ever been played before.  Each paper envelope has an overview of each song and tells basically what the french lyrics mean.  There is also a different charming french scene running a long the bottom of each envelope.
The problem is that I do not enjoy French.  It is my least favorite language to listen to, period. 
I thought perhaps, since French is the language of love, and most of theses are love songs, I would come to appreciate this strange tongue.
It hasn't happened with the first three records, and I am procrastinating putting the fourth one on.
But, I'm determined to listen to every side, of every record, so I will suffer through it and move on.



No comments:

Post a Comment