Sep 29, 2012

Waist Sloper


I finally got my slopers finished.  The directions were fairly easy to follow, but felt like a geometry lesson.


It's kind of hard to see in this picture, but this is my front and back sloper.
Because I have no paper big enough, and I didn't want to take the time to tape computer paper together, I used a heavy white cotton that I've had for a while.
I'm not sure what went wrong with the upper dart on the front sloper, but there is hardly any dart there at all. I double checked all my measurements and the directions and can only conclude that I am small chested.
Also, the directions have you mark all the points with a letter as you go, and they skipped the letter 'K', which I find strange.
Something you might find interesting would be the size of this sloper.
I knew that the clothing companies have been vanity sizing for some time, meaning they put a small size number on the label in hopes that you will feel better when you try it on and therefore buy it.
I wear a size 00-4, depending on the clothing, but I am a size 11 according to this book!  Can you believe that sizing has changed so much since 1968, when this book was published?  
Imagine the outcry if we ever returned to the original sizes.



No comments:

Post a Comment